Folder with a no-entry sign

Started by kyuser, February 28, 2010, 06:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyuser

I've just bought this app via your website and have tried to use it to

1. protect a folder that is approx 40gig (un-encrypted).
2. protect and encrypt thunderbird using the built-in application template.

On 1, it locks the folder with a password OK and also unlocks it when you type in the correct password - but - when the folder is closed (in finder), espionage goes into overdrive (I can hear my machine's fan going mad) and stops responding. This folder is not even encrypted - it only needs to be locked. Could this be because of the size? I've given it about 40 minutes to respond but it hasn't.

On 2, the behaviour is quite sporadic, and I haven't been able to figure out why. This seems to work perfectly fine sometimes but sometimes I can't even launch Thunderbird; the thunderbird icon bounces a few times in my dock and dies. When I launch espionage (and if it decides to respond), I can see a red no-entry sort of icon on my thunderbird folder - don't know what this means. The only way to get thunderbird to work again is to reboot my machine.

Any thoughts?

Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:   MacBookPro4,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2.4 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   3 MB
  Memory:   2 GB
  Bus Speed:   800 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:   MBP41.00C1.B03
  SMC Version (system):   1.27f2

greg

Quote from: "kyuser"On 1, it locks the folder with a password OK and also unlocks it when you type in the correct password - but - when the folder is closed (in finder), espionage goes into overdrive (I can hear my machine's fan going mad) and stops responding. This folder is not even encrypted - it only needs to be locked. Could this be because of the size? I've given it about 40 minutes to respond but it hasn't.

We've never seen this before. Are you sure it's Espionage that's causing your fans to spin up? You can check the CPU intensive apps using the Activity Monitor application.

Also, although you provided us with your hardware info, what would really be helpful is:

• What OS are you running?
  • What version of Espionage are you using?

Also, can you download and run this diagnostic tool? Please be sure to reference this thread in it.

The answers to the above will help with your second issue as well.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!