Lost all Mail

Started by CreativeDesigns, May 16, 2014, 05:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreativeDesigns

Today I tried to encrypt mail. Everything seemed ok.
I left my desk for a few hours, tried to reopen mail, and Espionage was just hanging. I had to restart the computer twice, before I was able to get into the Espionage app.
I unlocked Espionage, and thought that by pressing the - on Mail and Mail downloads, that it would restore everything as it was before I tried to lock Mac Mail, but alas, when I tried to open Mac Mail, it is asking me to set up all my email accounts again. It looks as though it has deleted 4 years worth of emails.

Hopefully this can be recovered?

Please revert urgently.

zsolt

I will be available for a remote session in about 3 hours from now, would that be OK?
please mail me directly at taoeffect@macmesupport.com

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

CreativeDesigns

Hi Zsolt,

Thank you for the response. I won't be in the office in 3 hours, but will be able to communicate with you nevertheless.
Would you be able to access my machine using TeamViewer in order to assist me, or do I need to be at my machine?

zsolt

TW is fine, so we would both connect at the same time...fine by me, important that we can talk (Skype?) and that I can see the screen.
Let me know when ready.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

CreativeDesigns

Yes, I have got skype. That won't be a problem.
I have tried searching for you by the email address you provided, but Skype can't find you?

I am ready any time you are available.

What I can tell you is that in my trash, I have a file called Mail Downloads.sparsebundle - I have not deleted it.
What are the chances that I can get all my mails back? I'm really worried :(

zsolt

I'm macmesupport on Skype
I'll mail you when ready

CreativeDesigns

Great. In the meantime, I will send you my TV ID and password, as well as the password to Espionage.
I really hope we can get this fixed :(
My business depends on it :(

CreativeDesigns

Please can you confirm that you have received my request on Skype?

zsolt

Monterrore

Having exactly the same problem :-(

Trying to uninstall Espionage doesn't work.
Trying to run Espionage doesn't work.
When running Mail, no accounts or mails to be found!

How did you solve the problem???

I need urgently my e-mails back (they are in my computer but not able to link Mail to the folders).

Tks in advance!

M

nomolo

Did these problems get solved - and if so how?  I'm thinking of encrypting my Mail folder, but would rather know what went wrong in the above cases first. Was it user error and if so what did the users do wrong? I'd like to avoid following suit if possible!

Thanks!

greg

I just contacted Zsolt about this. He's doing some traveling and will be back at the end of the week. He might be able to respond periodically while he's traveling.

I'm surprised he didn't see or respond to Monterrore's post (maybe he did, but over email?).

Oftentimes you should be able to tell Mail to re-import email from a Mail folder by doing File > Import Mailboxes..., so that might help.

Alas, I have never experienced these problems with my email so I'm not sure what's going on, and Zsolt did the original remote session with CreativeDesigns so I don't know how that ended (perhaps CreativeDesigns could comment?).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

Thanks for the fast response Greg!

greg

Quote from: nomolo on July 21, 2014, 02:04:37 PM
Thanks for the fast response Greg!

No problem. Zsolt sent me a quick reply. He said "It was continued as support ticket." (Not sure if that's referring to CreativeDesigns or Monterrore; I'm guessing Monterrore).

He also suggested that you have a look at our video on how to encrypt your email with Espionage (if you haven't already), and to reply to this thread if you have any questions.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

Thanks Greg - I've seen the video, I may take the plunge!