Doing a clean re-install of Espionage 3

Started by GSjoberg, April 28, 2014, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSjoberg

Last fall I installed and paid for Espionage 3 and then never used it (The project i was asked to do that required using encryption of files, evaporated) I now need to use Espionage, but I've lost the password. As the loss was my fault, I decided to delete Espionage from the Application Folder and re-install and even purchase a new license. Well, you see what's coming - The new install demanded my lost password! I checked the forum and found this answer:

select Library from the Finder's Go menu, once in LIbrary, navigate further to Application Support folder and then look for com.taeffect.Espionage3 folder, rename it to any other name.

Well folks, there aint no such folder in Application Support folder. I am stuck until I get Espionage 3 reset. Please help

Geo

zsolt

Hello Geo, we had a few reports where users were claiming the same, i.e. that the com.taeffect.Espionage3 folder does not exist.

And each time I would do a remote session, I found the folder, removed it and all was fine. So, whereas everything is possible, I would kindly ask you if you could check for the folder once again. Note, it is not the system or root library folder, it is your home library folder, which you can reach exactly like described in your post.

Alternatively, you can launch terminal and run this command

sudo find / -name *com.taeffect.Espionage3* -print

this command will first ask you for your account password, just type it, it will show no characters on the screen, but that is expected, so just type it and hit enter, this will then make the find command running, which will scan your entire hard drive for the aforementioned folder and report it if any found.

Let me know how it went.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

GSjoberg

Hi

I should have mentioned that i had tried searching for the folder thru Unix. But I tried it again copying your command directly in to Terminal. Attached is a screenshot. As you see the search came up empty.

I am willing to do a remote session if that will resolve the problem.

..geo

zsolt

Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

GSjoberg

zsolt

Sorry it was quite late already. I'm gmt+2
I'll be available most of the day today, pls mail me at taoeffect@macmesupport.com when available
Thanks
Zsolt

GSjoberg

I resolved the issue my running CleanMyMac and allowing it to uninstall Espionage. I then reinstalled and all is now ok. I have no idea what the issue was or what I may have been doing wrong.
..geo