Decrypt folders is not longer possible

Started by TEF, July 27, 2014, 05:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEF

Hi,

after i update to espionage 3.6 it is no longer possible to decrypt any encrypted folder.

Nothing happens  :(

Cheers Tef

zsolt

This is rather strange. Can you please launch console, display the system log and try to unlock again, then send the part of the system log which is covering the time span in which you attempted the unlock.
Maybe we see some errors there.

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

Setwalker

I am having this same problem, I have never tried to decrypt a folder before and I am figuring the "Restore Folder" button is there for this.
Whether I use that or click the folder and hit delete nothing happens other than locking up that folder in Espionage where I cannot do anything with it
Until I lock Espionage and open it again.

zsolt

Hello, please check if you are running the latests version, we had problems with that in the very early version of 3.6 but they should all be fixed by now. If that does not help, then let me know if we can make a remote session and I would look into it directly, if that is OK with you.
I'm GMT+2 and usually available in afternoon or evening hours.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

greg

What OS are you folks using? We need as much info as you can provide:

1. System log messages (open the Console app, and repeat what you did, then search for "Espionage" and copy/paste the stuff you see here)
2. OS details (10.7, 10.9, 10.10??)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

greg

Updated post above with a link to: https://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/support/reporting/

Note that's a very old video and the Console app has changed a bit since then.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Setwalker

On the folders not decrypting; I just got all the passwords for my encrypted folders and then deleted Espionage and all it's data, preferences, licences, etc. and files and then downloaded the latest version 3.6.1. Reinstalled Espionage and then put back everything the way it was one disk image at a time and all seems to be working great now, ran a test folder deletion and it worked so must have had some corruption going on somewhere.  ;D