Failed to create disk image - Resource busy

Started by k2103, September 03, 2012, 08:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k2103

I'm testing Espionage.
When I drag a folder into the folder list in Espionage, the operation fails and ends with the message
Failed to create disk image, error:
hdiutil: create failed - Resource busy

zsolt

Hello, I encountered this problem few times and so far it was always a permission issue.
Can you please try to protect a folder which is on an external disk, or USB stick, just to see if this will fail too?
Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

k2103

I encountered the same problem with an external drive.

I check the disk, repair permissions and did a reset of the PRAM. I even did a reinstall of Mountain Lion, without success.
But curiously, using another user account, I was able to protect a first folder. But no one after.

This issue concerns my iMac: iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

But everything works fine on my laptop: Mac Book Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Dual Core i5

zsolt

Hello, that is rather strange, to test with another user account would have been my next suggestion, but you did it already with unusual result.
I would suggest a remote session so that we try to figure this out together.
I'm available today (Wednesday) from 6PM till 10PM GMT+2 time zone (same as Paris, Rome, Berlin), let me know if you are available at this time and then we make it.
Pls mail me at mailto:taoeffect@macmesupport.com">taoeffect@macmesupport.com
Till soon
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

k2103

Good news, my problem is solved, everything works fine now.

I tested the program in safe mode and found it worked ok.
Could be deduced that the problem was caused by one of those third-party application that load automatically at startup or login.
And, by elimination, I came to discover the culprit: module DrivePulse of Drive Genius.

I also found on the Apple forum, someone struggling with the same problem. And in his case, the application Logmein seemed to be involved.

In conclusion, let's say it would be appropriate to beware of all these programs running in the background.

Many thanks.

zsolt

Thanks for your input, I have another customer reporting this problem and your feedback is very appreciated, I will ask him for the apps you mention.
Rgds
Zsolt