Manage sparsebundle files?

Started by JoeB, August 21, 2012, 06:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeB

I am using Espionage for the first time, as well as encryption, and so this all is new to me. It appears easy for the most part, but I'm not happy that my first folder that was encrypted (contents empty when locked) but a foldername.sparsebundle file appears. If I do this for all 26 folders on my drive, then I will have an additional 26 *.sparsebundle files as well. Moving this file to a folder to get it out of the way kills the connection to the folder (obviously the mount point). Can anything be done with these files (move, organize.. anything) to reduce the clutter.

zsolt

Hello Joe,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, I assume all the 26 folder you protected are on external disk. If so, Espionage will ask you for path into which you want to save the disk images. What I do, I create one folder on the external disk and name it images, or something like that, and store all the images there.
The mountpoints will be the folders you protected, they will just turn into empty one when the folders are locked. So all you have is one more folder where the images will be stored into and you never need to open that folder.

If you protect a folder on the internal disk (boot disk) Espionage will not ask you for target, he will save all the disk images into folder named Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.espionage3/Data.

Does this answer your question?

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support