Old "aliases" not working any more if the folder is encrypted?

Started by Eu6En10, July 22, 2015, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eu6En10

Hi everybody,  :)
sorry for the question may be stupid. I have encrypted a folder that is in the "Document" folder, but has an alias on the Desktop.

Is there a way keep the alias working all the same, even if the folder is encrypted, locked or unlocked?

Aliases are very useful and is very annoying to have to go and search for the real folder in the very big "Document" folder. :-[ :-\

Thank's a lot,  :) ;)

E.

zsolt

Hello E.

It will not work, because when the folder in Espionage is locked, then the Folder in Finder is an empty folder, you can create an alias of this folder, but, when you unlock the folder in Espionage, then the folder in Finder becomes a so called mount point and the alias cannot reach it any more, it will report an invalid alias. It might be possible to create a "symlink" through the terminal if this is really critical to you, let me know and I will test it for you.

however, you do not need to dig inside the Documents folder to find it, just unlock espionage and double-click the folder in the Espionage folder list, it will open it in Finder.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

Eu6En10

Hy zsolt,
thank's a lot for the very quick response.

It's not such a critical issue for me, and I think I'll go with the work around solution you suggest, through the Espionage folders list. I didn't think about it!!

thank's again,

Eu6En10