Solved!!: Sync with Google Drive issue - needs urgent resolution please!!

Started by strider, November 06, 2014, 10:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strider

Hi fellows,

Quite by accident I came across this rather puzzling BUT very critical issue. I am using Espionage 3.6.1

I have a .txt file in one of my encrypted folders which I sync with google drive. The folder was locked and the folder contents are not visible on the Mac or Google Drive web application or Windows or Android app.

Imagine my shock when I use the VLC app for iOS, log in to my Google Drive and it shows me the very .txt file that is supposed to be in the encrypted folder. Through the VLC app I can even download the file. I repeat, the folder was locked at the time. There are other contents in the folder but these were not visible.

If you want me to test with another .txt file let me know.

Kindly respond as soon as possible. Tip for Google Drive users: stop using it to sync encrypted folders for the time being at least!!

zsolt

Hello,

Is the mountpoint folder of that protected folder located on your google drive? If yes, please move it out into a regular local folder, an leave only the disk image on the google drive.

Please give it a try and let me know if that helps.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

strider

Thanks for the quick response zsolt. I changed the mountpoint to a local folder and as a result discovered the real cause of the issue.

Google drive trashes the folder every time I unmount the folder in the google drive directory. Therefore I not only needed to move the mountpoint to a local folder but also to empty the trash on google drive.

Once again thanks for the solution.

regards

zsolt

I'm glad I hit the right spot...enjoy using Espionage, and in case of a  new problem, question or suggestion, just let me know.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support