Mavericks Finder Issues

Started by lnealan, May 07, 2014, 04:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnealan

Hi, I've been having a lot of issues with E3 on Mavericks, all seem to be related to the finder. A couple of the problems:

- When unmounting folder I have to force quit the finder to see the folder empty, contents appear to be visible though not really there.
- When a folder is mounted I cannot launch any applications by double clicking on files, previews for documents are not generated
- When a folder is mounted I sometimes cannot drag and drop files between folders in finder.

The error i usually get when double clicking a file is, "The application can't be found.". There are no errors generated in the system logs when this happens. It's been very limiting and a bit frustrating to be limited in these ways so I wanted to find out what I can do to help figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

zsolt

Hello, the problem you report was not reported so far, with V2 on Maverick this is something to expect but not with V3. If you still have V2 installed, please remove it, this might solve the problem, if V2 is not installed then you should encounter no problems. Maybe with alternate Finder application like Path Finder, but not with Finder.

What you might try is to try to create mount and unmount a sparse bundle disk image using disk utility, if that does not work smooth then the problem is somewhere else, not in Espionage.

Or if you wish, we can make a remote session and look into this together. I will be available most of the day tomorrow and day after, I'm in GMT+2 timezone, same as Berlin/Paris/Rome.

If you would like to do a remote session, you can mail me directly at taoeffect@macmesupport.com

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

lnealan

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to create a sparsebundle that did operate with no problems. I also found remnants of the Espionage 2 installation still on my system so with instructions from here on the forum I made sure to remove them all. I am not experiencing the problem right now and will report back in a few days.

lnealan

Well unfortunately the issues seems to have come back even after removing all the E2 components and restarting. With the problem occurring I was able to test just a normal encrypted sparsebundle to see if it exhibited the same behavior as the E3 mounted folders and it did not.

zsolt

OK, then if you wish, we can make a remote session and I can try to figure out what is wrong. I should be available in about 6 hours from now. If that is OK with you, just mail me and we will connect.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support