Mail App into Esp3

Started by gary, October 27, 2013, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary

Hi,

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, I just haven't found it yet. I've just finished an Esp2/Mavericks to 3 upgrade and now trying to figure out how to get mac mail.app into Esp3. I recall something about templates in esp2 but beyond that, don't remember how I did it.

Any help much appreciated.

greg

Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

gary

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I'm still confused, I'm still thinking in esp2 terms ... and I've been through that document. What are you referring to as the "folder actions" ?

Do you mean to say I should just drag ~/Library/Mail/V2 (which I believe is my mailbox location for all mail accounts) into Esp3, as normal?

greg

Quote from: gary on October 27, 2013, 04:53:15 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I'm still confused, I'm still thinking in esp2 terms ... and I've been through that document. What are you referring to as the "folder actions" ?

Did you watch the video I linked to? It shows you step-by-step how to setup Mail with Espionage 3 and Folder Actions.

QuoteDo you mean to say I should just drag ~/Library/Mail/V2 (which I believe is my mailbox location for all mail accounts) into Esp3, as normal?

~/Library/Mail is the folder you want to encrypt (and "~/Library/Mail Downloads" if you want to encrypt downloaded attachments). Once they're encrypted, use Folder Actions to setup launching Mail when you unlock the Mail folder. You can also add an action to unlock the "Mail Downloads" folder, and another to quit Mail when you lock the folder.

I also recommend setting up (and using) the global shortcut in the preferences so that you can quickly unlock the Folder without having to use the mouse or trackpad. For example, to unlock Mail, you do: [global shortcut] + [enter master password] + Command+1 (if Mail is the first folder in the list).

greg

You can also setup "fake" email accounts while the Mail folders are locked to add a level of plausible deniability (as also shown in the video).