Deleting/Resetting all folders

Started by Paranoia, October 01, 2015, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paranoia

Hi,
I was playing around with Espionage and meawhile forgot some of my play-passwords. I would like to completely reset Espionage and start all the encrypted volumes from scratch.
Is it ok to just delete all data inside /Users/myname/Library/Application\ Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3  other than the license file?
Or would that mess something up?

Thanks for letting me know. I could not find instructions elsewhere and thought a complete reinstall is not really needed?

zsolt

Yes, that is exactly what you have to do, give it a try and let me know if it did not work.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

dharma

I have been trying to do the same.  Could I ask in such events, where are all those facke folder sets or disk images stored?  As I would like to get rid of those also.  Are they in the same folder?  I had selected crazy 5 GB for those files.  Where can I verify that those files are gone.

Best Regards
Dharma

zsolt

All the sparse bundle disk images belonging to folders protected on your boot disk, as well as the fake ones are stored in  /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3/Data
To determine which images are fake and which contain actual data, you have to unlock espionage, and click onto small "i" near the folder name in the Espionage folder list. THis will take you to the folder options, one of the drop down menus will show you the disk image name. Note it for each protected folders, and you can delete the rest.

For the folders on some external volume, we will ask you where do you want to store the disk image before encryption, but for each folder there will be just one disk image, so there will be no fake ones. All the fake ones are in the folder mentioned above.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support