How To Add Files To Espionage 2 On A Cloned HD

Started by barsoom3, October 03, 2012, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barsoom3

I use OS X 10.7.5 and Espionage 2.8.13. I cloned my data drive to a larger data drive. How do I get the encrypted files on the new data drive into Espionage 2 and remove the encrypted files from the old data drive from espionage 2?

zsolt

Hello,
Open Espionage 2, uncheck the "enabled" checkbox near each folder you want to get rid off and save changes.
Throw all the folders you just unchecked into Trash, but do not empty trash as of yet.
Now drag from your external drive the clone copy of the folder onto Espionage window, Espionage should recognise that this folder was protected previously and ask you for password of the folder, once set you should be use the folders normally, please verify.
If all OK, empty the trash, quit and start Espionage, the folders you previously disabled should show now a missing folder icon, select each and click on minus sign in lower left corner, Espionage will ask you if you want to restore the folder back to normal, you say yes, it will fail and this is OK as you deleted the folder and the disk  image which was inside. Repeat this for each of the missing folders and you are done.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

barsoom3

Thank you.