Opening v2 archive from latest version

Started by qraig, January 27, 2017, 09:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qraig

I had version 2 years ago, so long ago I no longer have the version 2 app. So I've just run across an old archive and of course I'd like to open it. I am happy to purchase the new version of Espionage, but I want to make sure it will open the old archive. Searching through this forum, I found one explanation for how to do so (move the archive folder to current Home folder), but that had no effect. Anyone know how to do this? I've attached screen shot of what the situation looks like.

Thanks for any help.

zsolt

Hello, in espionage 2 the disk images are protected with user defined password, so if you remember the password at the time you protected the folder, you can unlock the disk image simply by doubleclicking it, the only trouble is that it is hidden so you cannot doubleclick it... but here is what to do:

- download the following software http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24682/ivisible 
- launch it, and click on "make files visible" button (in case OS X does not allow to launch ivisible, you have to go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, click on padlock icon in lower left corner and authenticate, then under General Tab, under "Allow apps downloaded from" select anywhere, wait for confirmation window, and then try to launch iVisible again)
- now revisit the protected folder and you will see a disk image inside, named same as the folder name, but having a dot in front of the name
- dobleclick it, it should ask you for password, enter it, and the image will mount as a volume, like for example an USB stick would mount
- open it and you will access to all your files
- copy them out, unmount the volume and delete the protected folder containing the disk image you just opened

You do not need to purchase Espionage 3 to access the data from Espionage 2, they do not read each others data. Of course, if you would like to protect your data, then Espionage 3 is fully supported and feel free to download it, test it and eventually purchase it.

Let me know if you need further help,

And sorry for delay in answering, your post got lost among the spam in the forum :-(

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support