newbie question about setting up backups

Started by margie, December 04, 2011, 03:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margie

Hi,

The combination of FileVault and Time Machine made my Mac crash all the time to the point where I had to turn off my backups, so now I just turned off FileVault and bought Espionage.  Now I want to encrypt a few folders, and Outlook, and get my Time Machine backups going again.  

My understanding from reading the FAQ here is that it's best to have Espionage back up your encrypted folders and Time Machine back up everything else.  What I didn't see explained is exactly how to do that.  I have a Time Capsule that backs up over airport, so can I use both programs to back up to that one drive?  If so, do I need to make two separate partitions or something?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question.  I'm just tired of messing with all of this and want to be sure to set it up right the first time!

zsolt

Dear Margie, my name is Zsolt and from now on I will be the primary support representative for product questions. Our sincere apologies for the delay that occurred.
If you are still experiencing this issue and require support please reply and I'll be happy to assist you.
Thank you,
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support