Backup Error 12

Started by gnasher59, January 11, 2012, 03:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnasher59

If I try to manually try to backup I get the alert "Got error 12  backing up "filename" its recommended to re-run backups for this folder to ensure backup integrity".
I have automatic backups enabled, but I'm not sure it's working. I've been using espionage for a few weeks with no problem until now. Haven't moved or renamed the folder...... Any ideas?   :?

zsolt

Dear gnasher59, I already introduced myself in your other post, so I will skip that part. If you did not resolve this issue, please let me know,
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

IOIIOOO

I am getting backup error 12 as well.  Did you ever find a resolution?

zsolt

Hello, no, I never went on with this problem as the customer did not reply any more.
I would say, lock all folders then change your backup destination folder in Espionage preferences. Leave the "backup on lock" option marked. Unlock one small folder and then lock it, the backup should kick in, you can see if the backup is running by opening Activity Monitor and filtering the rsync process out.
The first backup will make a full copy of the protected folder disk image, and will notify you once the backup is done.
Then check the new destination folder if it created the disk image.

Let me know how it went.
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

IOIIOOO

I rebooted and it backup up successfully.  So who knows?

zsolt

Yep, this is one of "those" errors, this is why nobody posted this problem. Espionage uses system rsync command to do the backup, if the rsync has some problems the backup will fail. One possibility was to look at the console messages when you try a backup, but this is not easy troubleshooting.
I'm glad it works now.
Rgds
Zsolt