[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Recover unused space from all encrypted folders at once?

Recover unused space from all encrypted folders at once?

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Recover unused space from all encrypted folders at once?

Postby nanowhisker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi,

I purchased Espionage yesterday and try to find a setup which fits my needs. I use Espionage for encrypting application data like emails but also for my Aperture Library which is around 30 GB big. The latter will increase and then decrease again from time to time since I use a SSD and I store old pics on external drives. The sparsebundle files will grow with increasing content size but they will not shrink automatically. For example, if I move a 2 GB file from one encrypted folder to another, the target folder's sparsebundle will grow by 2 GB, but the source folder's sparsebundle will maintain its size. The result is that my total disk space will decrease by 2 GB although I moved (not copied) the file.
However, one can reclaim the unused space from a sparsebundle file using the hdiutil compact command in the terminal. To do so, I have to disable the folder in Espionage and perform the terminal command in the corresponding directory. From time to time, I would like to reclaim unused space from all my encrypted folders but doing it for let's say 10 folders one after another can be pretty annoying.

My question is, if you plan to implement (or if there is already) a possibility to reclaim unused space from all folders at once? Alternatively I would be thankful for a terminal command that will find all the sparsebundle files and do the hdiutil compact command on all of them. For this purpose it would be also nice to disable many folders at once in Espionage or at least to uncheck the "enabled" checkbox for one after another and do a final "save settings" instead of saving the settings each time, you click on the next folder in espionage.

Thanks in advance
nanowhisker

Re: Recover unused space from all encrypted folders at once?

Postby greg » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:42 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2