[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Unlock under global status menu not working

Unlock under global status menu not working

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Unlock under global status menu not working

Postby nwi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi,

I've just installed 2.5, as the installer has not requested to reboot the laptop, I have not restarted it.
I've enabled the Global Status Menu and tested the lock/unlock function. I've locked one folder, this succeeded. Now I'm trying to unlock this same folder using the Global Status Menu. This folder appears under the "Locked Folders" section, I'm selecting it and choose "Unlock". Interestingly, Espionage doesn't unlock the folder, rather it open the folder where it is. In other words, it seems that the function "Unlock" under the Global Status Menu does the same as "Reveal in Finder" instead of unlocking the folder.

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Thanks
nwi
nwi

Re: Unlock under global status menu not working

Postby greg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi nwi,

You bring up a valid point, if the Finder window is already open for the folder, it will not cause the password prompt to appear when you choose "Unlock". We'll see if we can do something about this, but for now just close the window if it's already open and then choose "Unlock" (after waiting about a second or so).

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby nwi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Greg,

Actually this happens when I have no finder window open.

Regards
nwi
nwi

Postby greg » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:24 pm

That's odd, do you have this issue all the time or just sometimes?

If you'd like, you can send us information about your system & Espionage setup by downloading and running . We'll then see if we can reproduce the problem. Please be sure to reference this forum topic in your report if you do so that we know where it came from.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby nwi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:59 pm

This happens all the time. BTW, this morning I rebooted my laptop and I've tested again right now. The issue still happens all the time.
I've sent the diagnostic data right now.

nwi
nwi

Postby greg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi nwi,

Thanks for sending the report, it helped us figure out what the problem is. The problem is that you've whitelisted the Finder, and this means that Espionage will always grant it access to the folder. Remove the Finder from Espionage's whitelist and that should fix the problem.

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby nwi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, this works much better now ;-) I didn't think about the whitelist, as I added Finder into this list a while back (before the latest upgrade).

Thanks
nwi
nwi

Postby Rick May » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:31 am

HI Greg,

Hello, I think I to have added Finder to the whitelist. How do you remove Finder from the whitelist?

Regards, Rick May

Hi nwi,

Thanks for sending the report, it helped us figure out what the problem is. The problem is that you've whitelisted the Finder, and this means that Espionage will always grant it access to the folder. Remove the Finder from Espionage's whitelist and that should fix the problem.

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
greg
Rick May

Postby greg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2