[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Safe to upgrade to Lion?

Safe to upgrade to Lion?

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Safe to upgrade to Lion?

Postby Bernak » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello,

as I have several important files protected by Espionage, I wanted to explicitly ask if it is safe for us to upgrade to MacOS Lion today :)
Keep up the good work.

Regards
Bernak

Re: Safe to upgrade to Lion?

Postby greg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Good question! We thought it was safe, but it turns out there are a few issues that need to be fixed. We're hoping to get out a release today or tomorrow (version 2.8.13).
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby jbardi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I agree... I have been on the beta versions of Lion for a few months now and the GM build just recently, which is the same build number as the final retail version, and Espionage definitely has some bugs that need to be worked out. Primarily for me, it does not auto-unlock data folders all the time when it is selected to do so and often gives errors when trying or makes the app bounce non-stop in the Dock as it can not access its data. Sometimes I can not shut the bouncing app down as it is not really running, so I have to wait for it to eventually give up and just quit bouncing. It definitely does not auto-lock those data folders when you quit the app. There are other quirks, but as long as I manually unlock those folders from the icon in the menu bar before launching the app, it is fine, I just have to remember to also lock them again manually from the menu bar icon when I close them again, because quitting an app that is set to auto-lock its folders on exit will produce an error from Espionage saying it could not lock the folders.

If you are worried, I would wait for them to release an Espionage update before upgrading to Lion.
jbardi

Postby Bernak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:31 am

Thanks for the information @jbardi.
I did purchase Lion and downloaded the image, but will better wait to upgrade, as I don't want to return to the old days of self-open, self-close DiskImages. Hopefully a good fix will be released soon.

I would advice to send Espionage users an email to tell them about this issue, as not everybody reads this forums. I am sure there are many who might just upgrade to Lion and find themselves not able to access their data as they use to. Some of us, use our Macs to help pay our bills too :) .

Thanks
Bernak

Postby harringg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 am

I have a DevonThink Pro Office database inside an Espionage 2.8.12 encryption folder. Launching DTPO unlocks the database folder (as before in 10.6.x), but quitting DTPO in 10.7 gives a critical error:

"Cant relock folders for DevonThink Pro because the association was removed".

I can go into Espionage app and manually lock the folder.

Hoping 2.8.13 fixes that. Thanks for keeping this great application current with Lion.
harringg

Postby greg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 am

2.8.13 has been pushed to the site. Tomorrow, the sparkle feed will be updated so you'll be able to update it by choosing the "Check for updates" menu item. If you don't want to wait you can download a fresh copy of Espionage from our site and replace your copy of Espionage with it (then launch it to update).
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby harringg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:11 am

2.8.13 fixed my DTPO issues.

Thanks for the quick update!
harringg

Postby greg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 pm

No problem! Espionage 2.8.13 has now been "fully released", i.e. you can "Check For Updates" to get it. :D
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby scottwalter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm

I heart Lion and Espionage 2.8.13. All my problems with the old version of Espionage have gone away. :D
scottwalter

Postby mike » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Follow on twitter for news!
mike
Tao Effect Support

Next

Return to Espionage 2