[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Somehow be able to use AS to send a PW to unlock an App

Somehow be able to use AS to send a PW to unlock an App

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Somehow be able to use AS to send a PW to unlock an App

Postby ravedog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:40 pm

I lock Mail. I also use Carbon Copy CLoner to do rotated backups. I also perform a few scripts within CCC, a pre script that tells all running apps (except for CCC and the Finder) to quit before it does it's backup. That way all programs that are running that use Espionage have the chance to quit and have their data folders re-locked. Then CCC does its backup, then runs a post script that emails me the log report for the backup so I can take a look at its operations when I'm at work (the backup occurs while I'm away). You can see where I'm going with this: When the post script attempts to open Mail it will inevitably get the dialog box asking for a password and this is where it will fail.

I was wondering if I could embed within the Applescript to pass a password to Espionage's Dialog so as to let Mail run It's kind of like how you can mount shared volumes with an AS by embedding the username and password within the script.

I know Espionage doesn't currently offer such a thing, but I cannot wrap my head around how this could even be achieved without leaving a huge security whole (unless I script some Apple Events that type into the dialog box. But I'm not even sure the Espionage password entry dialog box is standard OS X fair).

I guess the other option would be to download another email app like Thunderbird and maybe script it if it has a scriptable library. I was hoping to avoid this.

I know Espionage has built-in backups but I have to stick to CCC as I need bootable clones.
ravedog

Re: Somehow be able to use AS to send a PW to unlock an App

Postby greg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:13 am

ravedog

Postby ravedog » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:44 am

ravedog

Postby greg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:32 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:46 am

ravedog

Postby greg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Great! :-) Thanks for the link on how to get postfix setup, that looks like it could be useful knowledge to have.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2