[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Forgotten my espionage password

Forgotten my espionage password

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Re: Forgotten my espionage password

Postby blink180tone » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Please help.

I have recently forgot both the master password for Espionage as well as the password for sub-folders it protects. I have read the post on how to reset the master password, but I am still unable to gain access to the folders which were protected previously. Now as I try to gain access to those folders, I do not get a message stating to type in a password, instead I am able to open up those folders but nothing is inside. Also, the sub-folders to the original protected folder is now labeled 'controlled by espionage', 'encrypted data enclosed' etc.

Is the data to those folders lost forever? Do I need to be some kind of renowned hacker to gain access to them?

Please help. Thanks in advance
blink180tone

Postby greg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby refuture » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 am

This is the only forum post/thread I find for password reset. I'm using version 3.0.2 under OSX 10.8.2. This procedure does not work. After renaming or moving the Application Support/Espionage folder and launching the app, I am just asked for password as before. I have forgotten master password and need to access encrypted folders. Please help.
refuture

Postby zsolt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 am

Considering this is an espionage 3 question it will be handled in the other post user made in Espionage3 forum.
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Postby exup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks for the info. Sadly, your proposed method
goto folder ->
paste "Code: Select all
~/Library/Application Support"
only brought me a "folder not found" message.

I tried pasting "as is", as well as without the spaces etc.

I would be grateful for any hint on the matter.
Thanks in advance!
exup

Postby zsolt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 am

Hello, sorry not sure what you are trying to achieve.
Pls clarify.
Rgds
Zsolt
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Postby exup » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 am

exup

Postby zsolt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Hello, Espionage keeps it's metadata stuff in the folder home folder/Library/Application Support/Espionage.
In Mountain Lion the Library subfolder in your home folder is hidden, so to access it, hold down the option (alt) key and select in Finders "Go" menu the "Library". Once you are in the Library you can navigate further into Application Support subfolder.
Rename the Espionage into Espionage.orig and log out and log back in. Launch Espionage and it should start with a default setup steps.
Here you can set the Master Password again.

But this will not bring you back the folders you protected before, if there are any.

So if you need to restore some data too, then let me know and I will write you further steps.

Rgds
Zsolt
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Previous

Return to Espionage 2