[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Error backing up and in Log shows continual errors

Error backing up and in Log shows continual errors

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Error backing up and in Log shows continual errors

Postby jsimon » Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 am

When I close down my Mail program on my Mac, it used to automatically successfully back it up. Now, I usually get an error, but sometimes it works.

I'm not sure if this is related, but looking at the Log, this seems to be happening multiple times per minute, every minute of the day. Each time, the long number is different in the error.

"error: [AGENT] socket error: [object event]; readyState=0. Perhaps Helper is not running on ws:// 127.0.0.1:38151/2 or is shutting down?"

Any idea what's going on here and how to fix it?

Thanks
jsimon

Re: Error backing up and in Log shows continual errors

Postby zsolt » Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 am

Hello, the backup will occur each time the folder is locked, this is the default behavior if you enable the backups. Considering your Mail folder is associated with Mail app, the folder will lock whenever you quit Mail, again, this is the default behavior.
So far it is clear.
Why it does not happen, I do not know yet, the message would indicate problem with Espionage Helper (I guess), although it does not say which helper it is about and there are several on Mac OS X. So the first thing to check is whether the helper is running, pls open activity monitor and search for Helper and see if Espionage Helper is running. However, I expect it to be there because otherwise the folder unlock would also not work.
Did you try to log out and log back in, or simply restart your Mac?

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Re: Error backing up and in Log shows continual errors

Postby jsimon » Wed May 30, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks for the reply. This has been going on for a while and there have been numerous restarts of Espionage and the computer. Espionage Helper is there when I look in Activity Monitor. I think it all may be a moot point at this time though because we're going to upgrade to Lion and the new Espionage 3. My tech savy partner has said that I will just decrypt and then set up the new version of Espionage. Does that sound right?

If there are further problems, I'll let you know.

Thanks
jsimon

Return to Espionage 2