[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Word cannot access an encrypted folder

Word cannot access an encrypted folder

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Word cannot access an encrypted folder

Postby Olturot » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I have just installed Lion clean (not an upgrade). The espionage version I am using is 2.8.13. I have been using Office 2011 for MAC. I have used espionage for some years on Snow Leopard and have been happy with it.

My issue is now, when I changed the espionage encrypted folders (Documents) from Snow Leopard over to Lion I unencrypted the data and re-encrypted the Documents folders fresh on Lion. (In other words, it is not the container used with Snow Leopard but a fresh encryption done on Lion). I have found that I cannot access the folder by trying to save a new document into the folder (the encrypted folder). I can see the alias icon in the save window but it is grayed out and clicking on it does nothing. Double clicking still will not go into the folder. The folder has already been opened (via password) through the finder. I can go through the finder, I can access the folder and copy and paste any thing in and out. But if I try to enter the folder to open or save a new document in the encrypted folder through the Word save dialogue box, the encrypted folder (alias) will be grayed out and I am unable to get access. Have you run across this problem yet?
Thanks for your help.
Chuck
Olturot

Re: Word cannot access an encrypted folder

Postby zsolt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello Olturot,

Yes, this issue is known to us.

Can you please try the following workaround and let me know if it works for you:

Once you want to save the document into the encrypted folder, you go to save as, and in the save dialog select the parent folder of the target, encrypted folder and then hold command+shift keys and hit G key. This is in fact "go to folder" command in the Finder, but works in every save dialog too. This will make another pop up window open, waiting for the path to be entered. Now just write a few letters of the name of the target encrypted folder (case sensitive) and wait few seconds, OS will figure out where do you want to go and fill the full path in for you. Now just hit enter and you will be inside your encrypted folder.
Then simply click save and you are done.
Even better, if you now want to save another document, the application will remember your last save location and there is nothing to do, you will already be in your target folder.

It seems that the reason behind this is that some application try to act smart and do not take symlinks for granted, but try to elaborate them deeper. To the best of my knowledge this is MS Office and Adobe Professional, this is what was reported so far.

The dev team says that the upcoming version 3 of Espionage will not have this problem because of different concept it is using.

Cheers,
Zsolt
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Postby Olturot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:04 am

Thanks for that explanation. I tried want you mentioned and it does work as you say, not that I didn't doubt you but it was more me that I doubted. :?

So you say there is an upcoming version 3. Will the new version also have a layman's way of resizing and compacting encrypted folders?

Thanks,
Chuck
Olturot

Postby zsolt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Hello Chuck,
Yes it will have layman's way of resizing and compacting folders. It is confirmed to me by dev team.
Cheers
Zsolt
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2