[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Address Book questions

Address Book questions

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Address Book questions

Postby ravedog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:55 am

I see that you have a template for Address Book, but I am wondering about the fact that Address Book's data is utilized by so many other programs that I have, such as Mail, Adium, iChat, Yahoo, Delicious Library, Neatworks, iPhoto, iTunes, Safari and LaunchBar off the top of my head. (Not to mention Mobile Me). How do I make this work?

Another issue: I tried adding address book to the list, and it said to make sure address book wasn't running.. it wasn't. SO I gave it a password, and clicked GO. Then it told me that MAIL was open and asked me if I was sure I wanted to proceed. So does that have to do with what I was asking above (I had Adium and LaunchBar running when I tried this, so I quit them but still Espionage thought it was in use.) Will Espionage automatically know when an app requires access to Addy Books data? Or do I have to add each application under "Associations."

I quit Mail, was able to add Address Book, and I saw that it had some built-in associations, and I added a few more. I launched Adium as a test and it asked me for a password to access Address Book. Entered. Unlocked. Then I quit Adium and the Address Book Data folder was still unlocked, even though Adium's settings were "Lock on Quit."

When I tried to relock the folder manually, it gave me an error that the app iTunes appears to be running, which it isn't (Does it think it is because the helper app iTunesHelper is running in the background?
ravedog

Re: Address Book questions

Postby greg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 am

ravedog

Postby greg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:53 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am

Yeah I forgot the dear old keychain. :oops: So yeah, you can reset master password, and login, but you cannot access anything that is in need of of the KC. Brilliant! so we both WIN! Thanks for putting up with my back n forth!
ravedog

Return to Espionage 2