[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Quicken Protection

Quicken Protection

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Quicken Protection

Postby ravedog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:53 am

I went to add the Quicken and its associated data folder, and it told me that the application Quicken did not appear to be an Application Bundle. SO I tried it nonetheless, and it locked up everything. WHen I launched Quicken ,it asked me for the Espionage password, and unlocked the folder. Everything worked. However, when I quit Quicken, it did not relock the folder.

Any ideas?
ravedog

Re: Quicken Protection

Postby greg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 am

===============
===============

#1): ---------
Got path to Quicken: '/Applications/apps-general/Quicken 2007/Quicken 2007'

#2): ---------
It's a directory, that's good.

#3): ---------
Contents of /Applications/apps-general/Quicken 2007/Quicken 2007/Contents/MacOS:

FSPUB.KEY
PUB.KEY
PUB2.KEY
Quicken 2007
WWWTRACE.TXT

logout

[Process completed]
ravedog

Postby greg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:50 am

While making sure the application isn't running and the folder is locked, try renaming the Quicken 2007 application to: Quicken 2007.app

You'll need to re-associate it with the folder after renaming it.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 am

Hmmm. I added the .app then added the locked the data. When I launch Quicken, your PW dialog box pops up saying: The application 'LaunchCFMApp' wants access to the folder Quicken Data. What is LaunchCFMApp??
Put in password, Data unlocks, Quicken launches.

However, quitting the program does not re-lock the data. So I manually re-lock the data. Done. It works sorta, but that CFM thing i think is the culprit. Is that some sort of launch service thats acting as an intermediary for Quicken?

Another interesting note, when i launch iCal and the dialog opens, the dialog title says "Password Required." When I try with Quicken, it says "Folder Locked." Curious.

Oh I just tried one more time and this time I get the dialog "Folder Locked" and the application "diskimages-helper" wants access to the folder Quicken Data... If I click Cancel, Quicken still opens and asks where the data file is. what is going on?
ravedog

Postby greg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby ravedog » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 am

Sent
ravedog

Postby greg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby greg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby harringg » Sat May 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Any update or are we still out of luck with Quicken 2007? I recently bought Espionage, but see this thread is from mid-2009. Is the only fix to upgrade Quicken if we want it to work with Espionage?
harringg

Next

Return to Espionage 2