[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - encrypt individual mailboxes?

encrypt individual mailboxes?

General discussion about Espionage 2.

encrypt individual mailboxes?

Postby pierce inverarity » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi - I am wondering if it is possible to encrypt individual mailboxes, rather than encrypting my entire Library/Mail folder. The reason is that I really only have a need to encrypt client-related email, and if I could just do that, backing up my mail would be a lot leaner/faster because it wouldn't involve a giant 6GB sparse bundle.

Would I do this by just creating an application association from Mail.app to those individual mailbox files? Is that the intended use of application associations? I just want to double check this question because I am kind of paranoid about getting it wrong and somehow messing up backups...

Thanks!
pierce inverarity

Re: encrypt individual mailboxes?

Postby greg » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby pierce inverarity » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks for the answer Greg. I realize that Espionage does incremental backups; the problem comes when I back up my Espionage backup files to Time Machine and my online backup service. Every time I do an (admittedly quick) Espionage backup of my email, that's a 6GB file that has to go to Time Machine and my online service. That's what I'm trying to avoid here.

It's not a huge deal but it would really be nice if I could speed things up by targeting that small minority of mailboxes that actually have sensitive data. Sounds like that's not an option though... perhaps it's a feature you guys could consider for future versions if it's not too difficult to add.

Thanks!
Rich
pierce inverarity

Postby greg » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby pierce inverarity » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Awesome, thanks Greg... I really appreciate the responsiveness. You have a nice weekend as well...
pierce inverarity

Postby pierce inverarity » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 am

pierce inverarity

Postby Butterfly0013 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 am

I exported the individual mailbox folders to my desktop and then was able to drag them into Espionage.
Butterfly0013

Postby zsolt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Hello Butterfly0013,
Thanks for your input.
I tested this too, and I'm not sure why it was originally claimed that this is not possible.
As far as I know, it is not even needed to put the folder on the desktop, you can leave it where it is i.e in ~/Library/Mail
Cheers
Zsolt
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2