[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Lost disk image

Lost disk image

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Lost disk image

Postby Strandwolf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi there, I'm not quite familiar with Espionage, but used a trial version and was very happy so far. Since I suddenly lost the disk image and all my files! Following happened: I guess the folder was unlocked that moment, when my Macbook ran out of battery. After restarting the machine, I tried to unlock my personal Espionage folder but got the message, that the disk image cannot be found. There was no possibility to remove the encryption though. Only the alias was left. When I opened the Program again, it said "Critical Alert! - Can't find "Espionage-Private".

I didn't use the back-up option, but have Time machine back-up from that time before. Meanwhile, the Trial is unvalid and I cannot even try to access the Esp. program nor am I able to see if the disk image had been backed-up? Does anyone think I will have a chance on it? I'm so unsure by this that I really hesitate to buy the software if it is so unreliable...

Thanks a thousand time for helpful words
Strandwolf
Strandwolf

Re: Lost disk image

Postby greg » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Strandwolf,

We'll do our best to assist you! You can reset the trial by following these reset instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99#p229

After that, you might want to read up what Espionage does when it encrypts a folder to get a better understanding of where the disk image might be (you'd know better than us as to its location):

http://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/Espi ... kings.html

Then, you can use the iVisible tool to show invisible files:

http://www.mikes-software.de/downloads/ ... index.html

And if you find the disk image, you can simply drag it back into Espionage to add it back in, and then remove it from Espionage to restore the folder, or follow the manual restore instructions:

http://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/Espi ... oring.html

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any clarification!
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Strandwolf » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Greg,
thanks so much for help. I'm not sure, if I deleted the trialversion completely and installed a new trial as I thought, that could be the way to re-enter the program (it's already a bit time ago, as you can see: my disk image is from 22 July...) But anyway, I could reset and enter now, found the disk image folder with ivisible, as you can see, but then got the message "bad folder". No disk image is shown on the desktop, only the .ds_store-file....

What to do now? Could I access the TimeMachine Backup for using the disk-image there? How do I get there?

Lot's regards from Strandwolf...
If that all works to get back my files, I would be really willing to purchase a full version!!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-10-02 at 16.09.06.png
Screen shot
Screen shot 2011-10-02 at 16.09.06.png (345.49 KiB) Viewed 16843 times
Strandwolf

Postby greg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Strandwolf » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Greg, a big kiss! I'm sooo delighted to get my files back!!! Puhh...
The option 1 was fitting.
I just want to mention in regards of restoring the disk image from Time Machine, that you have to restore the original folder (not the alias), but after restoring, you need to open or add the alias (which was all time there) of it to Espionage. That's what I didn't realise at first as it is not described for real stupids like me :oops:

Thanks for all your help and effort! I now feel much more encouraged to buy a full version!
Regards from Namibia
Strandwolf
Strandwolf

Postby greg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 am

Hey Strandwolf -- so very happy to hear I was able to help! :)
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2