[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Unable to lock folder

Unable to lock folder

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Unable to lock folder

Postby jeremy1234 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi all.

I recently installed and purchased Espionage (2.8.13), and I am running into a problem w/ one of my folders. After unlocking it, it won't lock again. What's weirder is that the first time this happened, the folder itself disappeared from the Finder. It still showed up within the Espionage app window, and I was able to see the folder contents through the "reveal in finder" option there. Upon doing so my folder, named "FCP Projects" showed up as ".FCP Projects". Sensing something was wrong, I copied all the contents out of that folder into a new one in the same place, which I also named "FCP Projects" However, now when I try to lock this new folder, it won't lock. No error message, no nothing. I'm not encrypting it, I just wanted to password protect that folder.

Any thoughts as to why this would happen? My other locked folders (both encrypted and non encrypted) are working fine.

I'm running OSX 10.6.8, for what it's worth.
thanks!
jeremy1234

Re: Unable to lock folder

Postby greg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby jeremy1234 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for the reply! After posting this I went back and read through the Espionage help, and downloaded iVisible. Using that, I saw that there was a hidden, empty ".FCP Projects" folder there, which was possibly preventing the new one from locking? I deleted that one, and now the new one locks fine!

So I don't know if the original folder got corrupted or not, but it seems to be working fine now.

Are there any known issues with using Espionage and fast user switching? I use separate accounts for work and for personal use, and this folder was created under my work account, which does not have admin privileges. Is it possible that switching from one account to another without locking the folder caused this?

thanks again.
jeremy1234

Postby greg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2