[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - CPU 100% and CPU temp ~89 deg cel after installing Espionage

CPU 100% and CPU temp ~89 deg cel after installing Espionage

General discussion about Espionage 2.

CPU 100% and CPU temp ~89 deg cel after installing Espionage

Postby zeradig » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi, I'm on a Macbook Pro with osx lion.
After installing the newest Espionage, my laptop's fans blows really fast and the temperature is very high. I checked whats using the processors through iStat & Activity monitor; it turns out that mds & mdworker are the processes that are hogging the cpu, and the average laptop temp now is 89 degrees celcius. I haven't had this problem before installing Espionage. How do I fix this?

Thanks.
zeradig

Re: CPU 100% and CPU temp ~89 deg cel after installing Espio

Postby mike » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi Zeradig,

mds and mdworker aren't related to Espionage, it's a part of the Spotlight feature on OS X. This is normal if Spotlight is indexing your drive or any sparse bundle files such as the encrypted folders.

If you click on Spotlight on top right, do you see Spotlight say that it is indexing anything?

Indexing takes a lot of power and usually it can take a while for it to finish. You should wait it out until it is finished. After that, it'll return to normal and it will not do that again for the same folder or drives.

Please let me know how it turns out.
Follow on twitter for news!
mike
Tao Effect Support

Postby zeradig » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:39 am

Hi Mike, I was encrypting alot of folders, it took Spotlight several hours to index the files, making my really laptop really hot . After Spotlight was done, everything is normal now.

Thanks for your reply :)
zeradig

Postby mike » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 am

Glad to hear that it worked out in the end and you're welcome.
Follow on twitter for news!
mike
Tao Effect Support

Postby andrew15 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 am

Glad to hear that.
andrew15

Postby kepeliya » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 am

Why cool a CPU to an even lower temperature if i am not overclocking? Many cool their CPUs to a very low temperature, most of them are overclocker. But I don't quite understand that if my CPU is already well under the max temperature, and I am not overclocking, why should I spend more money to lower the temperature? As long as the temperature is well below the max temp, no overclock means the CPU would basically perform the same at say 30,10, or -XX degree celcius right?

Return to Espionage 2