[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Can't access file contents

Can't access file contents

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Can't access file contents

Postby samsonite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry if this has already been answered. I've gone through every other thread that looks like it could've been helpful, but I'm not that tech-savvy so I may have missed it.

Anyways, I purchased and used Espionage aaaaages ago, used it on the one file I really needed locked, but now I've forgotten the password to the file. :oops: Also, I can't find the file - I only have the spareseimage. It's 18 mb, so I know there's stuff in it... but when i double click it, nothing happens (it's programmed to open with DiskImageMounter, which works with other files), and it's probably going to be locked.

What can I do!? I still have my Espionage password.

Thanks
samsonite

Re: Can't access file contents

Postby samsonite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Forgot to add: when I "go to folder" /Volumes/filename, it brings me to an openable folder with no files in it. It's 13mb in size. I've toggled invisible files on, and all that's in there are some unintelligible folder names, as well as an 11mb folder called "Trashes" that I don't have "sufficient access privileges" to.
samsonite

Postby greg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby samsonite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm

And since I've forgotten the file password, what should I do if I manage to get to that stage?
Thanks
samsonite

Postby greg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby samsonite » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm

For the disk image, unfortunately. Sorry for wasting your time - I just thought that because I still have my espionage password, I might be able to unlock the disk image. Thanks anyway. :)
samsonite

Postby dave » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

dave
Tao Effect Support

Postby dave » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 pm

I meant to add that Espionage can use its own keychain or simply use the default login keychain. You configure this during initial setup.

If you used the login keychain, then modify my steps above to look in the login keychain for items names Espionage.

Also, I attached a picture of what one of the Espionage items looks like when you double-click on it to reveal its details. I highlighted the Account section where the location of your disk image is shown, along with the most important part: Show password!

Hopefully everything turns out well. Please let us know.
Attachments
EspionageKeychainAccessItem.png
EspionageKeychainAccessItem.png (48.54 KiB) Viewed 13978 times
dave
Tao Effect Support

Postby samsonite » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 am

Yes!
After completely giving up, I finally managed to open the disk image using the process above. Thank you very much! You guys offer amazing customer support. :D
samsonite

Postby dave » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:11 pm

dave
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2