[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Uninstalling Espionage

Uninstalling Espionage

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Uninstalling Espionage

Postby timb02 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 pm

I purchased a new IMAC I7 and moved my old IMAC info across to my new one. I was able to get Espionage to work though support here but a new problem had come up. When trying to use Spotlight the system would have a Kernel Panic. Apple support told me to uninstall the two apps causing the problem in the log and reinstall them. Well I can't uninstall Espionage. It starts to uninstall then states that it cannot completely uninstall. So I still get the Kernel Panic crashes. After the crash when I power down and back up, there is a line listed on top "com.taoeffect.ispy.kext 2.0.1", still. Can't find where that is and when I tried to reinstall Espionage, hoping to uninstall again. I only get the opened Icon on the toolbar but no window. Can't get in, can't get rid of everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim
timb02

Re: Uninstalling Espionage

Postby greg » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby f8nter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,

I accidentally clicked the wrong button and protected my iPhoto.

1) If I "unprotect" it by selecting the "minus (-)" icon at the bottom, does that mean everything will be restored back to normal without any loss of data etc?
2) A message saying the original folder was moved to Trash appeared when it was successfully protected. If I secure empty the Trash now, does that mean my iPhoto data will be lost?

Thanks!
f8nter

Postby greg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby f8nter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:50 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Im sorry but perhaps I wasnt able to express myself clearly:

f8nter wrote:
1) If I "unprotect" it by selecting the "minus (-)" icon at the bottom, does that mean everything will be restored back to normal without any loss of data etc?

Yup.

2) A message saying the original folder was moved to Trash appeared when it was successfully protected. If I secure empty the Trash now, does that mean my iPhoto data will be lost?

No, it just means the original folder will be deleted. The encrypted folder is now in its place. The only ways you could lose all your data are if you forget the folder's password (and Espionage's master password), or if the encrypted folder gets corrupted and you did not keep any backups.

If I want to unistall Espionage, I have to first do 1) (click the minus button and unprotect it). However, will the original folder (which is now in the trash), be restored to its original place now? My concern is that after unprotecting the folder, this folder (which was espionage encrypted) will be deleted, but the original folder (which was shifted to the trash) wont be restored. So if I secure empty trash now, both the original and the new folders will both be in the trash and thus both will be lost...

Thanks
f8nter

Postby greg » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2