[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Lock/Unlock on Airport disc

Lock/Unlock on Airport disc

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Lock/Unlock on Airport disc

Postby Nokin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi,

I've just had to uninstall Espionage because it has caused me some Finder crashes,

I like the look of Espionage so I thought I'd start testing it and set up a couple of simple folders. I set these up on an external disk under Airport.

Basically creating the folders - no problem.
Opening the folders for the first time - no problem.
Locking the folders for the first time - no problem.
Subsequently unlocking/ locking has no effect.
Espionage would show both folders locked, but I had complete access. I could not change the status using the menu bar demon, as the discs greyed out after the first lock/unlock operation. Changing the status in the Espionage main window has no effect.
I tried re-launching Finder and get a -10810 error.
The only way to lock the folders was to reboot the system to get the Finder back, eject the Airport volume, then re-connect the volume.
I know there have been some problems reported of this -10810 error with Snow Leopard, and connected perhaps to Launch Services, but I had no problems prior to installing Espionage, and I have none since uninstalling the program.
I have tried a similar test with Knox, and also with Truecrypt, and neither of these has had any problem in creating and re-using images on the airport disc.

I would like to be able to use Espionage, so any suggestions you might have would be most welcome.
Dave
Nokin

Re: Lock/Unlock on Airport disc

Postby greg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear of the troubles, it may be that Espionage isn't compatible with this "airport mounted volume".

Could you give us more details about what that refers to? Where is the disk that's being mounted? Is it in some other computer, and the volume is being mounted over Apple File Sharing? Or is this something else?
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Nokin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks for your response.

The volume is on an external drive (partitioned into 3 volumes), attached directly to the usb output on an Airport Extreme Base Station.

Dave
Nokin

Postby Nokin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:24 pm

I have now reinstalled and uninstalled Espionage 3 times. Each time I try to lock a folder on the disk attached to the Airport base station it actually turns off my wireless network completely. (Even setting a password for a folder without any encryption causes this to happen) I get a critical error message saying the folder cannot be locked, but this is because Espionage is causing my Airport Network to close during the process.
I can connect and write to the Airport disk with any other program, it is only when I use Espionage that this happens.
Nokin

Postby greg » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm

So, this may or may not be directly Espionage's fault, or it could be some combination of Espionage plus a bug in Apple's code. Regardless, from your description it sounds like a genuine incompatibility.

We do not currently have an Airport Extreme base station to test with, so I can only go off what you tell us unfortunately. We'll look into finding one to see if we can investigate this further, and if we find anything of interest I will update this thread.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2