[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Dropbox inside Espionage: Capacity problem

Dropbox inside Espionage: Capacity problem

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Dropbox inside Espionage: Capacity problem

Postby fdevault » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I've set up a customer with Dropbox 0.7.110 and Espionage 2.6.1. 50GB Dropbox account; Mac running 10.6.3 with over 160GB free on the disk.

I set up Espionage and moved the local Dropbox folder into the encrypted Espionage folder, per the recent guide: http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/2009/12/u ... h-dropbox/

Everything was fine at first, but he got error messages from Dropbox after hitting about 10GB of utilizaton. The errors report that there is not enough "free space" on the local system, e.g.: "The item “PHI” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space."

At first I assumed that this was due to the default Minimum Image Capacity in Advanced prefs in Espionage, which was at the 10240MB default. We moved Dropbox out of Espionage temporarily, deleted the existing vault, reset the MIC to 51300MB (50GB plus 100MB), then re-created a new vault folder and moved Dropbox into it.

Still getting the free space error on the Dropbox client.

What can be done about this? Is there some sort of three-way problem whereby OS X is not reporting the actual Espionage sparsebundle capacity to Dropbox? I've been investigating this guide on my own 10.6.3 Mac,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83

but it's not clear to me if that procedure is applicable here. Also, how do I actually tell via the terminal what the capacity of the Espionage sparsebundle is? "ls -al" shows the actual sparsebundle for my Espionage folder as 204 bytes, and the entire vault folder as 272 bytes, but it contains a Dropbox that is using 151MB on the Dropbox system.
fdevault

Re: Dropbox inside Espionage: Capacity problem

Postby greg » Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm

You can find out how much available space is in the folder by opening the encrypted folder (the Vault, or whatever you decided to call it) in the Finder when the folder is unlocked. At the bottom of the Finder window you'll see it say something like "10GB available".

To find out the folder's capacity, right-click on its name in the sidebar in Espionage and choose "Reveal In Finder", this will take you into the 'root' of the folder. From there, just select "Get Info" from the Finder's File menu, and that will give you more information, including the capacity, and again, how much is available.

The instructions in that forum link that you posted are the correct instructions for adjusting the folder's capacity in this situation.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything further clarified!
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Re: Dropbox inside Espionage: Capacity problem

Postby fdevault » Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 am

Thanks for the info Greg.

I've worked with my free 2GB Dropbox test account, first reducing the containing sparsebundle on my system to 1GB capacity, then trying to add more than 1GB to induce the Dropbox client error, then re-sizing the sparesbundle to 10GB and subsequently successfully adding more than 1GB to Dropbox.

I will get back to my client and see if I can't straighten out whatever is going with his system. Will let you and the forum know how it goes.
fdevault

Return to Espionage 2