[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - DevonThink Pro Office

DevonThink Pro Office

General discussion about Espionage 2.

DevonThink Pro Office

Postby harringg » Sun May 16, 2010 3:52 am

Any users using this with DTPO? What I found was the .dtBase2 file (where DTPO stores it's data) is duplicated. Meaning, under normal usage situations, test.dtBase2 contains PDF,RTF, etc... files when you Show Contents. Now with Espionage, it shows test.dtBase2/test.dtBase2/PDF, RTF/ect....

With Espionage, it creates test.dtBase2 and nests the existing test.dtBase2 inside that, so DTPO can't see it. I can create new files and they are stored in the encrypted database, but my existing data (test.dtBase2) is embedded one level down so isn't seen inside of DTPO. The data is still intact, but in it's current state, DTPO can't see it.

I've posted in the DTPO forums as well, but wondering if anyone here has used the two together.
harringg

Re: DevonThink Pro Office

Postby greg » Mon May 17, 2010 12:31 am

Hey harringg, I know I answered your question successfully on macZOT's site, but I'll just copy/paste my answer here in case anyone else has the same question:

We haven’t tested Espionage with DTPO so I can’t give you a definite answer. That said Espionage should work with most programs. I would refrain from encrypting folders directly “owned” by a program if you can encrypt their parent folder instead. So you can try first encrypting the folder that contains the .dtBase2 folder (making *sure* to associate it with the DTPO application).

If that’s not an option for some reason, but you’re able to change the location of the .dtBase2 folder, then create a new folder, put the .dtBase2 folder in it (pointing DTPO to its new location), and encrypt that new folder you created.

Otherwise, you can go ahead and attempt to encrypt the .dtBase2 folder itself, but first make sure to back it up just to be safe (as we haven’t tested it).
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Re: DevonThink Pro Office

Postby harringg » Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 am

Putting the .dtBase2 files in a parent Finder folder and encrypting that works great. I'm also using this approach with CircusPonies Notebook files (.nb). Adds a level of security that's secure and easy to implement.
harringg

Return to Espionage 2