[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Access Individual files in Backups

Access Individual files in Backups

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Access Individual files in Backups

Postby Olturot » Tue May 04, 2010 1:54 pm

I really think your product is the cats meow.
I do have a question that I cannot figure out. I have a 10GB folder which has my documents in. I have encrypted it and then backed it up to an external hard drive. If I have one file on the computer that I need to replace from the backup, the way I figure, I cannot retrieve that single file without recovering the complete 10GB folder to the computer, and overwriting the original 10GB folder. Is there not a way to recover on file at a time from the backup?

Chuck
Olturot

Re: Access Individual files in Backups

Postby greg » Tue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Olturot » Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks Gregg for the answer. It was good and straight forward. However It did take me awhile to figure it out cause I was not getting any results. Eventually I succeeded but I discovered that maybe somethings were being taken for granted. If someone else is reading this forum for an answer, I wonder if I may add a couple points to your instructions to clarify a few points incase someone else runs into the same scenario I discovered.

1. The original Folder on the computer needs to be unlocked so that when one finds the replacement file in the backup, you can place the file back in the original folder.
2. The finder preferences under general tab, needs to have "external disks" checked under "show these items on desktop". Until I checked that, I was unable to find the backup folder.
3. Before you open up the backup file, be sure you know where the icon for the original folder is showing on the desktop. Once you open the backup, the two folders may sit side by side with the same name and you then would not know which folder is the backup and which is the original.
Hopefully that would clear anything up for someone else.

Thanks a bunch Gregg. I am now finally going to put my money down for the product. :D
Olturot

Postby greg » Wed May 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Chuck for sharing that advise! (And sorry for not thinking to mention it!)
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2