[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Can't open Espionage

Can't open Espionage

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Can't open Espionage

Postby kitchentable » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 am

Espionage is working in the background as I can lock and unlock the folders I have already encrypted. However, when I try to open the program I get the following message:

"Timed Out
The request to get the list of login items timed out.
Try re-running Espionage after waiting a few seconds."

When I click out of the message Espionage quits.

I am running OSX 10.6.2 and I have downloaded and installed the latest Espionage (2.6.1).
kitchentable

Re: Can't open Espionage

Postby greg » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:34 am

This may be caused by a bug in OS X where something's wrong with the login items.

Open up System Preferences and click on Accounts. While making sure your account is selected on the left-hand side, click the "Login Items" tab (next to the "Password" tab).

Look through the list of login items and remove any items that have a blank document icon next to their names, then try re-running Espionage.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby kitchentable » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm

That worked! Thanks.
kitchentable

Postby siloseven » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I get this error but there's nothing obviously wrong in my list of login items. It's not huge problem because Espionage will start correctly the second time but it is an annoyance.
siloseven

Return to Espionage 2