[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Possible to encrypt Entourage database?

Possible to encrypt Entourage database?

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Possible to encrypt Entourage database?

Postby Jo* » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:16 am

Hi there,

Espionage went onto my app-wishlist when I came across a post on the MacHeist forums. Thrilled to see that your app is going to be a Zot this weekend.

I was wondering if it is possible to encrypt the Entourage database similar to encrypting Apple's Mail as shown in your intro movie?

How would I go about this whilst making utterly sure I wouldn't corrupt the database or anything similarly dreadful. My email database is enormously valuable and precious to me.

I backup my entire home folder once a day (incl. the Entourage database) to an external drive. I assume the database being copied to the external drive would then be encrypted, too?

Thanks

Jo
Jo*

Re: Possible to encrypt Entourage database?

Postby greg » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:49 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Jo* » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Greg,

thanks a lot for your comprehensive reply.

If you happen to get a reply from MS that offers a fix to the spotlight issue maybe you could leave a post here.

Jo
Jo*

Postby greg » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Sure thing, and another way you'll know is if Espionage suddenly gets an Entourage app template (keep an eye on the release notes).
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby pwenzel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 pm

This week I attempted to encrypt my Entourage 2008 database, and for the most part, it worked as expected.

However, the "Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and MobileMe" option would get disabled every time I closed and relaunched Entourage. If I had Entourage open and ticked it on, my calendars would sync up as expected. After relaunching, my calendar syncing would fail.

After disabling encryption with Espionage, calendar sync went back to working as normal.

If anyone has advice on making this work, while maintaining encryption with Espionage, I'd appreciate it!

Apologies for reviving an old thread.
pwenzel

Postby greg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2