[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Espionages uses the discrete video card all the time

Espionages uses the discrete video card all the time

General discussion about Espionage 3.

Espionages uses the discrete video card all the time

Postby fmcypriano » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:52 am

Hello,

I'm using Espionage all the time with my MacbookPro with Retina and I use so I can save some battery juice while working. And it seems like that Espionage keeps the discrete video card active all the time, which drains the battery a lot.

Honestly, I can't see why Espionage's UI needs some much power that the discrete video card needs to be using always (even when no Espionage windows are visible). Is there a reason? Can this be fixed?
fmcypriano

Re: Espionages uses the discrete video card all the time

Postby zsolt » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello Thanks for the input, I cannot test this today, but I will on Monday and if correct I will report to dev team and see if they can comment on this.

I will let you know.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Re: Espionages uses the discrete video card all the time

Postby zsolt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am

Hello, it works fine over here, see the attached screenshot

which operation do you do in Espionage which makes the card switch? Or it switches right when you just launch Espionage, and the padlock appears in the menu bar item, even without opening any window?

Rgds
Zsolt
Attachments
esp.jpg
esp.jpg (134.65 KiB) Viewed 11753 times
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 3