[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Critical Alert Failed to unlock FILE

Critical Alert Failed to unlock FILE

General discussion about Espionage 3.

Critical Alert Failed to unlock FILE

Postby Timb0x » Mon May 28, 2012 7:21 pm

I upgraded to 3.0, unencrypted all folders under Tao 2, deleted Tao 2, then began re-encrypting the folders under Tao 3. I did a single folder first. Encrypt, then decrypted it. No problem. So then I went to my critical folders and encrypted all of them. Now I get "Critical Alert! Failed to unlock 'FILES': Failed to mount disk image, error:" I do not get an error number. I REALLY need those folders. How can I undo this? I really had no problem under Tao 2, should of sticked with it.

Tim

IMAC i7, OSX Lion 10.7.4
Timb0x

Re: Critical Alert Failed to unlock FILE

Postby greg » Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Try restarting your computer and then unlocking them again.

If it doesn't work please send us the system log after reproducing the error. . You can choose to either email them to us or post them here and we'll continue from there.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Timb0x » Mon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Ok. I did that and sent it via email. If I need to do it again, I'll post it. Somehow, I missed that part of your message.

Tim
Timb0x

Postby greg » Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 am

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Timb0x » Tue May 29, 2012 12:34 am

Version 3

Today, I purchased the Tao Espionage Version 3, from the Apple site (App). I used my Version 2 to open and decrypt my existing folders. I then dragged Ver 2 to the trash and emptied it. I then encrypted a test folder with version 3, then decrypted them. Worked fine. I then encrypted my important financial files, that had previously been encrypted under Version 2. They encrypted fine, but when I went to open them. I received the Alerts that it can not be done. The below error messages are from today. I seem to have a large file of error messages from before today, but they must have been things going on with Version 2 that I did not know about.

When I went to encrypt the files they said I had to find a different folder for the encrypted files. So the sparcebundle files did go into another folder. After contacting you before I went back through the blog and the help file. I then went to the Ver 3 program and clicked around and one of the error messages popped up saying I can copy the folder to another location and use provided password (DELETE-ME!) (something like that). So I did and that didn't work either. So one of my folders has been moved to my desktop but still won't open.

May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?
(kernel) Kext unloading is disabled (com.taoeffect.ispy.kext).
Failed to unload com.taoeffect.ispy.kext - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?

Tim

The address is went to was Tao Effect Support <support@taoeffect.com>. Hope this info helps.
Timb0x

Postby greg » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Tim, what was the subject of the email message you sent us? (I can't find an email from a "Tim" so I'll have to go by subject, we have a lot of emails to go through at the moment). I can do a screensharing session with you to attempt to fix the problem directly.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby Timb0x » Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Subject: Problem with Espionage

I tried to forward the message again with "Greg" at the end of the subject line.

Tim
Timb0x

Postby greg » Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I could not find this email so I decided to just email you directly at the address you registered on this forum with.
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 3